The new Netflix series: Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C. J. Walker is a series I highly recommend for all Black women who are looking to succeed in business. Even though this series is loosely inspired by the real story of Madam C.J. Walker, it is a great watch if you are looking for some motivation or a pick me up. This series highlights the rise of the historical Madam C.J. Walker, who was one of the first self-made, black woman millionaires in America. I am not going to go into detail about the series because well… I want you to watch it! This series came right on time for me when I was starting to feel a little discouraged about my business progress. Even now, with this Covid-19 pandemic going on, a lot of small business owners are suffering. This series is for sure guaranteed to lighten up the mood and give you a little push to get back on track. These 10 lessons are must learn for all new business owners.
- Just because there is competition in an industry, doesn’t mean you cannot be successful in it.
2. You do NOT need a higher degree to become a successful business owner.
3. Follow your gut if something is off about someone, it doesn’t hurt to give the benefit of the doubt.
4. Never forget why you started.
5. The road to success will have a lot of struggles, but keep getting back up.
6. Do not neglect your spouse. Learn balance.
7. Accepting your child for who they are is very important.
8. Do not be afraid to create your own opportunities.
9. There is power in networking and building genuine relationships!
10. Each one, teach one. There is room for all of us to win.
Have you watched this series? What are some takeaways you got from it? Comment and Share!